Switch to injecting CSS for element hiding, falling back to traversal on older IE
|Cc:||Blocked By:||#1672, #1793|
Description (last modified by fhd)
ABP for IE currently does DOM traversal for element hiding, which has a number of issues.
What to change
We should switch to injecting CSS, which is in line with what we do on all other platforms, plus it's faster and more maintainable.
However, we need to keep using the traverser on older IE versions with limited CSS selector support. We could go over each selector, check if the IE version could support it and handle it using the traverser otherwise. That way, a considerable amount of rules could still be handled via CSS injection.
Change History (15)
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by fhd
- Description modified (diff)
- Priority changed from Unknown to P3
- Reporter changed from philll to fhd
- Status changed from assigned to accepted
comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by oleksandr
- Platform set to Unknown
- Priority changed from P3 to P4
- Ready unset
comment:9 Changed 2 years ago by sergz
- Review URL(s) modified (diff)
- Status changed from new to reviewing
comment:11 Changed 2 years ago by oleksandr
- Milestone set to Adblock-Plus-for-Internet-Explorer-Next
- Priority changed from P4 to P3
- Ready set