Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#1754 closed defect (fixed)

Google shopping links fail to open

Reported by: 4od Assignee: sergz
Priority: P2 Milestone: Adblock-Plus-for-Internet-Explorer-1.4
Module: Adblock-Plus-for-Internet-Explorer Keywords:
Cc: mapx Blocked By:
Blocking: Platform: Internet Explorer
Ready: yes Confidential: no
Tester: Verified working:
Review URL(s):

http://codereview.adblockplus.org/5883359104335872/

Description

Environment

Windows 7 64 Bit, Internet Explorer 11.0.15 Adblock Plus 1.3

How to reproduce

Disable adblock plus on google.co.uk and www.googleadservices.com and www.googleadservices.co.uk
restart the browser
now visit for example https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/930062538557331076?q=nokia+lumia+830+flip+shell&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-Address&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.82001339,d.d2s&biw=1920&bih=962&tch=1&ech=1&psi=K7CqVKm_FsPaaMHSgLgD.1420472366151.3&prds=hsec:online,paur:ClkAsKraX5bQ2U3Wq1OX2l1N96pyKBF4Sbo5uQZGeKxvFUWnLUyx7mExedbyzaTj8DDtsrsuTyNAI4Vh59KepjktWCjLF98U0DRbevnABVoaody1LeoDyY_hJRIZAFPVH71cXXqqWOLP_fryWu-K3_i6JpdpTQ&ei=L7CqVJnbA4XWasyygagK&ved=0CI8BENkrMAM
then click on one of the links that says shop, the link will just be blank.

Observed behaviour

If you disable adblock plus everywhere then the link will open fine

Expected behaviour

the shopping link should open on another website, not stay blank.

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by mapx

  • Cc mapx added
  • Component changed from Unknown to Adblock-Plus-for-Internet-Explorer

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by 4od

I installed the latest devbuild and still the issue persists. are there any updates regarding this annoying issue?

thanks.

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by oleksandr

  • Milestone set to Adblock-Plus-for-Internet-Explorer-Next
  • Priority changed from Unknown to P2
  • Ready set

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by sergz

  • Owner set to sergz

comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by sergz

  • Review URL(s) modified (diff)
  • Status changed from new to reviewing

The trouble is that we wrongly detect the request as subdocument while it's a document request. It happens when we compare the request URL with the current document URL, the comparison result is negative because firstly we should unescape the request URL.

comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by sergz

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reviewing to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.