Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#1785 closed change (fixed)

Translating ABP for Maxthon

Reported by: jobp Assignee: jobp
Priority: P1 Milestone:
Module: Unknown Keywords:
Cc: Blocked By:
Blocking: Platform: Maxthon
Ready: no Confidential: no
Tester: Verified working:
Review URL(s):

Description (last modified by jobp)

Background

After the string-freeze, Adblock Plus for Maxthon needs to be translated into all relevant languages.

Solution

Change History (11)

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by jobp

  • Summary changed from Translations of ABP for Maxthon to Provide translations of ABP for Maxthon

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by jobp

  • Description modified (diff)
  • Summary changed from Provide translations of ABP for Maxthon to Translating ABP for Maxthon

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by Dev CZ

ABP is already translated to 22 languages in Maxthon for PC project: https://crowdin.com/project/maxthon-for-pc-translation
We got texts to translate more than one month ago...

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by jobp

ABP provided Maxthon the Translation Memory, so they can start parsing the strings into the format Maxthon is using.

comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by jobp

  • Owner set to jobp

comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by jobp

Some parsing issues, looks like we found a solution as outlined by Andriy (Crowdin' employee)

Hi all,

The reason why most of strings were not automatically translated while running pre-translate is that original AdBlock Plus project (https://crowdin.com/project/adblockplus) has English, US source language but Maxthon's AdBlock Plus project has English source language. There are 2 solutions:

1) Maxthon should re-create the project with English, US as the source language;

2) Some modifications are needed in the TM files Job attached recently ("en-US" nodes should be replaced by "en"). In order to help you, I have already prepared TM files that will work in your current project, please see the attachments. Before uploading them in the project I suggest you to clear current project's TM. Kindly follow this link (you should be logged in as user "Maxthon"):
https://crowdin.com/resources#translation-memory

Click the "Clear TM" button situated across "AdBlock Plus" TM. Afterwards, upload attached files in the project TM. Run pre-translate, everything should work fine.

Please download TM files here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pvmfUGE93AQlJuZzVPbTFQU2c/view?usp=sharing

Hope you will be able to generate correct INI files the nearest time.

comment:7 Changed 5 years ago by jobp

  • Priority changed from Unknown to P1

comment:8 Changed 5 years ago by Dev CZ

We spend lot of time to translate it and now you do not want our translations from: https://crowdin.com/project/maxthon-for-pc-translation
That pissed me off! I do not have a decent words...

comment:9 Changed 5 years ago by jobp

@Dev CZ:
Our apologies for this, there has been a bit of miscommunication between us and Maxthon regarding the strings and which Crowdin' project to use. Eventually we decided to use separate Crowdin' projects because translating ABP is a challenge, and we would like to have our translators being able to approve the suggestions without having to go through thousands of strings.

Again, I apologize for this, and completely understand that this pissed you off.

comment:10 Changed 5 years ago by jobp

Two Crowdin' projects have been setup:

Desktop: https://crowdin.com/project/adblock-plus
Android: https://crowdin.com/project/adblock-plus-maxthon-android-i

NL, DE, CN-ZH, CH-TW, ES, RU have all been translated. Over the following days we'll work on involving ABP translators to support other languages.

comment:11 Changed 5 years ago by jobp

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.