[meta] Add ability to hide elements by their child elements
|Cc:||mapx, greiner, sebastian, fhd, arthur||Blocked By:||#3142, #3143|
Description (last modified by greiner)
Sometimes it is not possible to properly hide an ad unit because they are (almost) indistinguishable from similar organic content on the page. For example, it could be a paid post with advertisement link in the blog or ads in the search results (like ads on Yandex which were impossible to hide with adblock for a while and recently became selectable again simply by mistake). The general problem is the same since there is no way to target that block. It's only possible to hide something inside of it and often that is far from being enough to even get rid of the advertisement.
There are two proposals and one doesn't necessarily exclude another so both could be implemented.
Change History (11)
comment:3 Changed 18 months ago by greiner
- Blocked By 3142, 3143 added
- Component changed from Unknown to Core
- Description modified (diff)
- Keywords meta filtersyntax added
- Summary changed from Support XPath or at least :has() pseudo-selector to hide parent by it's child to [meta] Add ability to hide elements by their child elements
- Tester set to Unknown