Connection timed out on some Android apps
|Cc:||rjeschke, mapx||Blocked By:|
Nexus 7 2013, non-rooted
Android KitKat 4.4.2
Adblock 1.2.1 build 318
Reliable, fast wifi connections
How to reproduce
- Open one of these Android apps: Gmail, Facebook or Play Store
- Do an operation that requires network connection, such as opening an email/inbox folder on the Gmail app, or loading a comment in the Facebook app, or viewing an app's detail in the Play Store
The operation never finish. This is usually shown by a never ending progress spinner. After a while, the app will say "connection timed out" or "no connection".
If right after that, we try to do the operation again (like clicking on "Retry" on Gmail) then it will finish without any problem. However, any other operations after that is subjected to the same bug.
The operation finish as normal.
This bug only happens in some apps, and so far I've seen it happened on the Gmail app, Facebook app and Play Store app.
Even on these apps, this bug does not happen all the time. But it happens very often.
For most other apps, this bug doesn't happen at all. For example, it never happens in Chrome.
I can confirm that this is an AdBlock bug because:
- If I disable using proxy (localhost port 2020) on a network, this bug never happens
- If I use another network with Adblock (configure the proxy to localhost 2020), this bug still happen.
Change History (12)
comment:6 Changed 2 years ago by rjeschke
- Platform changed from Unknown to Android
- Priority changed from Unknown to P2
- Ready set