Element hiding not applied to page preloaded by Safari when typing URL
|Cc:||mario, greiner, sebastian||Blocked By:|
Description (last modified by greiner)
- Safari 9.0 (10601.1.56.2)
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
- MacBook Pro
- Adblock Plus 1.9.3
- EasyList Germany+EasyList
How to reproduce
- Add the custom filter ##body
- Open a new tab and navigate to a website
- Repeat the previous step
- Reload the last tab
Page body hidden in step 2 and step 4 but visible in step 3.
Page body should be hidden in steps 2 to 4.
Notes for testing
Make sure to use a different site on each try because as soon as a URL is entered once it will be remembered even after browser restarts.
Safari preloads previously visited URLs when it is chosen as the top result on typing into the addressbar. Those page loads are not affected by our extension. Disabling "Preload Top Hit in the background" in Safari's preferences should fix this issue but we need to work around that in the extension.
Change History (8)
comment:2 Changed 18 months ago by greiner
- Summary changed from Element hiding broken in Safari 9 to Element hiding not applied when switching of Acceptable Ads in Safari 9
comment:3 Changed 18 months ago by greiner
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Element hiding not applied when switching of Acceptable Ads in Safari 9 to Element hiding not applied to page preloaded by Safari when typing URL