Hits are not counted for custom CSS property rules
|Cc:||sebastian||Blocked By:||#3999, #4000, #4138|
Description (last modified by trev)
Firefox 45 / Windows 8
How to reproduce
- Install ABP dev build.
- Add the custom filter: testpages.adblockplus.org##.abp-logo
- Navigate to https://testpages.adblockplus.org
- Observe logo is hidden (expected). Observe hit is incremented against rule (expected).
- Disable the .abp-logo filter added in Step 2.
- Add the custom filter: testpages.adblockplus.org##[-abp-properties='width: 64px;']
- Refresh the https://testpages.adblockplus.org tab.
- Observe the logo is hidden (expected). Observe the hit counter for the rule stays at 0 (unexpected).
Hits are not counted against CSS property rules.
Hits to be counted as with other rules.
As CSS property filters were initially implemented for Chrome, there is no hit counting functionality.
What to change
Update dependency on adblockpluscore to revision f7f491edb1b7 (imports #4000). Update dependency on adblockplusui to revision f0daa0b325ed (imports #3999). Make sure to consider the second parameter in the addSelectorFunc callback - increase hit counts for these filters (unless it's a private browsing window) and add these hits to the list of blockable items.
Hints for testers
The adblockplusui dependency update imports a whole lot of additional changes, mostly related to the new options page. None of these should be relevant for the Firefox build. However, retesting the functionality of the first-run page would be a good idea.
Change History (11)
comment:1 Changed 12 months ago by trev
- Component changed from Adblock-Plus-for-Firefox to Core
- Description modified (diff)
- Priority changed from Unknown to P3
- Ready set
comment:7 Changed 11 months ago by trev
- Review URL(s) modified (diff)
- Status changed from new to reviewing
comment:9 Changed 11 months ago by trev
- Milestone set to Adblock-Plus-for-Firefox-next
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reviewing to closed
comment:10 Changed 8 months ago by sebastian
- Cc sebastian added
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened