Use 'websocket' type for WebSocket connections
|Cc:||sebastian, trev, rraceanu||Blocked By:||#4387|
|Blocking:||#4372||Platform:||Unknown / Cross platform|
Description (last modified by kzar)
In issue #4387 we added the websocket request type, now we want to use from adblockpluschrome.
What to change
- Update the adblockpluscore dependency to hg:d0d7a9d27bf7 git:b2333b7. (This does not include any other changes.)
- Change lib/requestBlocker.js to consider WebSocket connections as being of the type websocket instead of other.
Hints for testers
To test this on Safari you could do the following:
- Browse to http://www.websocket.org/echo.html
- Add the filter: ||echo.websocket.org/$websocket
- Click "Connect"
If the connection is immediately disconnected with an Error message displayed in the text area then the WebSocket was successfully blocked.
Change History (8)
comment:5 Changed 5 months ago by kzar
- Milestone set to Adblock-Plus-for-Chrome-Opera-Safari-next
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reviewing to closed