"Block element" context menu item fails to open window
|Cc:||kzar, sebastian||Blocked By:|
Firefox 53.0a1 nightly
Adblock Plus 22.214.171.1245 WebExt development build
How to reproduce
- Go to heise.de
- Right-click one of the images and choose "Block element"
No composer window opens, error message "Error: Type error for parameter createData (Property "focused" is unsupported by Firefox) for windows.create." shows up in Browser Console.
The composer window should open successfully.
Firefox currently won't allow creating unfocused windows (bug 1253129), and it will error out if focused property is present - regardless of the value. However, we want to open a focused window and that's the default behavior in both Firefox and Chrome even though the documentation doesn't really make it clear (for Chrome the unit tests clearly show what the expected behavior is).
What to change
Omit focused parameter when creating windows since the window being focused is the default anyway.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 4 months ago by trev
- Review URL(s) modified (diff)
- Status changed from new to reviewing
comment:4 Changed 4 months ago by trev
- Milestone set to Adblock-Plus-for-Firefox-next
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reviewing to closed
comment:5 Changed 4 months ago by trev
- Milestone changed from Adblock-Plus-for-Firefox-next to Adblock-Plus-for-Chrome-Opera-next