Changes between Version 1 and Version 2 of Ticket #6140


Ignore:
Timestamp:
12/04/2017 06:20:39 PM (2 years ago)
Author:
kzar
Comment:

I thought I understood this, but I'm no longer sure that I do.

  • The log claims the command invoked was ./build.py -t chrome docs /some/path, but when I try to call the script like that I'm told the -t argument is unrecognised for the docs command.
  • There's a genreate_docs.py script in both sitescripts and adblockpluscore. The error mentions sitescripts, but that script does not contain a processArgs call, where as the one in adblockpluscore does.
  • I'm not clear how to reproduce the problem locally.

Any ideas?

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #6140

    • Property Cc kvas sebastian added
    • Property Component changed from Core to Unknown
    • Property Summary changed from Documentation generation script is calling the old processArgs function to Documentation generation script on the server is failing
    • Property Priority changed from P1 to Unknown
    • Property Owner kzar deleted
    • Property Ready unset
  • Ticket #6140 – Description

    v1 v2  
    11=== Environment === 
    2 adblockpluschrome 8f361c32c9c6. 
     2adblockpluschrome since 8f361c32c9c6. 
    33 
    44=== How to reproduce === 
    5  1. `./build.py docs /tmp/docs` 
     5 1. Look at the server logs. 
    66 
    77=== Observed behaviour === 
    88{{{ 
    99Traceback (most recent call last): 
    10   File "./generate_docs.py", line 25, in <module> 
    11     buildtools.build.processArgs(BASE_DIR, args) 
    12   File "/home/kzar/Davebox/home/code/adblockpluschrome/adblockpluscore/buildtools/build.py", line 616, in processArgs 
    13     commands[command](baseDir, scriptName, opts, args, type) 
    14   File "/home/kzar/Davebox/home/code/adblockpluschrome/adblockpluscore/buildtools/build.py", line 57, in __call__ 
    15     return self._handler(baseDir, scriptName, opts, args, type) 
    16   File "/home/kzar/Davebox/home/code/adblockpluschrome/adblockpluscore/buildtools/build.py", line 429, in generateDocs 
    17     subprocess.check_call(command) 
    18   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 181, in check_call 
    19     retcode = call(*popenargs, **kwargs) 
    20   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 168, in call 
    21     return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait() 
    22   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 390, in __init__ 
    23     errread, errwrite) 
    24   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1025, in _execute_child 
    25     raise child_exception 
    26 OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory 
     10  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main 
     11    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name) 
     12  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code 
     13    exec code in run_globals 
     14  File "/opt/sitescripts/sitescripts/docs/bin/generate_docs.py", line 92, 
     15in <module> 
     16    generate_docs(projects, config) 
     17  File "/opt/sitescripts/sitescripts/docs/bin/generate_docs.py", line 85, 
     18in generate_docs 
     19    run_generation_command(data['command'], sources_dir, output_dir) 
     20  File "/opt/sitescripts/sitescripts/docs/bin/generate_docs.py", line 71, 
     21in run_generation_command 
     22    subprocess.check_call(command, shell=True, cwd=sources_dir) 
     23  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 540, in check_call 
     24    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd) 
     25subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command './build.py -t chrome docs 
     26/tmp/sitescripts-generate-docs/adblockpluschrome.docs >/dev/null 2>&1' 
     27returned non-zero exit status 2 
    2728}}} 
    2829 
     
    3132 
    3233=== Notes === 
    33 This is a regression from #6139, we changed the processArgs call in adblockpluschrome but we did not replace the call in adblockpluscore and update that dependency at the same time. 
     34This is probably a regression from #6139, we updated the buildtools dependency there and one of the changes included was that the processArgs function got renamed process_args (see #6021).