Opened 2 years ago

Closed 11 months ago

#6498 closed defect (rejected)

[webextension] response is undefined after extension install

Reported by: Ross Assignee:
Priority: P3 Milestone:
Module: Platform Keywords: closed-in-favor-of-gitlab
Cc: sebastian, kzar, erikvold Blocked By:
Blocking: Platform: Firefox
Ready: yes Confidential: no
Tester: Ross Verified working: no
Review URL(s):

Description (last modified by sebastian)


ABP 3.0 / 3.0.2 /
Firefox 53 / 58 / Windows 7

How to reproduce

  1. Open browser.
  2. Open browser console (Ctrl+Shift+J).
  3. Install extension.

Observed behaviour

The following errors are logged:

response is undefined include.preload.js:700
Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. (unknown)

Expected behaviour

Exceptions to not occur/be handled.


This issue follows up on 6385#comment:6. It's not a regression.

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by kzar

  • Priority changed from Unknown to P3
  • Ready set

comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by sebastian

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by sebastian

For reference, the same bug has been reported in #5663 and #6528. I closed these as duplicates.

comment:4 Changed 20 months ago by erikvold

  • Cc erikvold added

comment:5 Changed 11 months ago by sebastian

  • Keywords closed-in-favor-of-gitlab added
  • Resolution set to rejected
  • Status changed from new to closed

Sorry, but we switched to GitLab. If this issue is still relevant, please file it again in the new issue tracker.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.