Changes between Version 4 and Version 5 of Ticket #6825


Ignore:
Timestamp:
08/01/2018 02:08:40 PM (12 months ago)
Author:
kzar
Comment:

Thanks for filing the issue. I've fixed it up, but two bits of feedback for next time:

  • We already had an issue (#6821) which could/should have been used for the dependency update. Since this issue was created from scratch the background section needed a bit more information.
  • The testing instructions "See the individual issues listed above." weren't enough. For example, take #6538, #6781 - Minimize access to ElemHideBase's selector property. Well, the issue description (of either issue) didn't give much clue what had changed in that commit. I had to find the commit and look through it myself, from there I could see that the only functionality it touches is element hiding.

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #6825

    • Property Cc Ross rscott added
    • Property Priority changed from Unknown to P1
    • Property Milestone changed from to Adblock-Plus-3.3-for-Chrome-Opera-Firefox
    • Property Ready set
  • Ticket #6825 – Description

    v4 v5  
    11=== Background === 
    2 We have made the following changes since the last dependency udpate: 
     2Ross noticed that the extension had stopped working in Chrome 49. It turned out to be due to the use of the "u" regular expression flag, which isn't supported until Chrome 50. See #6821 for more information. 
    33 
    4  *  #6538, #6781 - Minimize access to ElemHideBase's selector property 
    5  *  #6809 - Implement hide-if-contains snippet 
    6  *  #6814 - Avoid redundant calls to domains getter 
    7  *  #6823 - Remove unnecessary usage of /u flag 
     4We've now stopped using the "u" regular expression flag in the core code, but to include that change we need to update the adblockpluscore dependency. 
    85 
    96=== What to change === 
    10 Update the `adblockpluscore` dependency in the `dependencies` file to `hg:c7c3b5e643f4 git:baafb26` 
     7Update the `adblockpluscore` dependency in the `dependencies` file to `hg:c7c3b5e643f4 git:baafb26`. 
     8 
     9Unfortunately, as well as the necessary change 
     10 
     11- #6823 - Remove unnecessary usage of /u flag 
     12 
     13the following unrelated changes will be included: 
     14 
     15- #6538, #6781 - Minimize access to ElemHideBase's selector property 
     16- #6809 - Implement hide-if-contains snippet 
     17- #6814 - Avoid redundant calls to domains getter 
    1118 
    1219=== Hints for testers === 
    13 See the individual issues listed above. 
     20- Ensure that the extension has begun working on Chrome 49 again. 
     21- Ensure that element hiding and request blocking still works in general, including the `$sitekey` option. Some of the unrelated changes touched code related to that. 
     22- Test the `hide-if-contains` snippet, see #6809.